Search This Blog

Monday 25 January 2010

Product Review - Innov 8 Race Pro 12


I ran a marathon on Sunday in training for the up and coming 80km EcoTrail de Paris. As with most Ultras one needs to be self reliant and carry mandatory kit such as: Jacket, over trousers, compass, head lamp, first aid kit, 2 lts of liquid and food. Therefore the need for a comfortable pack and hydration system is imperative. Believe me, I have tried them all. Some of them excellent, some poor. BUT and I say but I always want to modify them or adapt them as they never quite satisfy my needs.
STOP THE PRESSES! I have found the 'perfect' pack. I have used Innov 8 before but it wasn't until the Thames Path two day double marathon that I got to look at the Race Pro 12 sack. Nick Weston, one of my clients was using it and I was really impressed with the look and functions. I purchased one and BINGO; perfect!
At 12 lts it is a perfect size for one day or 'light' two day racing. It is a simple sack but what it does, it does perfectly. So what is key? Firstly and most importantly two pockets on te waist belt. This gives 'on the go' access to food/ nutrition. In addition to this, I added two extra pockets to the shoulder straps (optional).
It has a 2ltr bladder.
which unlike all other bladders wraps around the waist at the bottom of the rucksac. This is perfect as it keeps the weight low down, it is supported and comfortable. Using the bladder is simple:

Fill the bladder the required level up to 2 ltr.
Seal the bladder with a sliding seal. Easy to use and very secure.
Slide the bladder into the rucksac base. Access to this is from the 'outside' of the pack. his is perfect as it allows you to 'refill' when doing long races without having to empty the rucksac.

Pull the 'feed pipe' through the outlet hole on the left or right side.
Put the rucksac on and you are sorted. On the go hydration that is comfortable, practical and easy to use.


No comments:

Post a Comment