Search This Blog

Friday 22 January 2010

News News News


Firstly, runwildrunfree has purchased its first 'shelterbox' and with luck it will make its way to Haiti and help those in need. You have all been really great in the positive comments and support you have provided for this. It is fair to say, you only need to watch the news and see a small child pulled from the rubble after 7 days to realize what help these people need. I am still taking donations via my Paypal account and I hope that we will be able to purchase one, if not two more boxes. It is a great cause where we can see how our money is put into action.
This weekend sees Cat Archer, Ron Shannon and Mark Hughes tackle Portland Coastal Marathon. This is race number 3 in the 7 marathon series organised by Endurancelife. I have already run this edition twice, last year getting 7th place. It is a tough course but quite runnable. Marathon runners need to tackle Chesil Beach twice - it is tough.
I personally am working with Martin and Liz Yelling on a coaching day for the NSPCC. We are looking after over 40 charity runners who will be tackling the 26.2 miles in April. I always enjoy these days. It is great to see everyone learn, progress and get confident.
My running is going really well. Last week I racked up a whopping 127 miles. Exactly where I wanted to be post the three weeks of snow and ice. This week I ran an easy 5 miles on Monday evening, Tuesday was two split sessions; 8 miles am and 8 miles pm. Wednesday morning I ran 14 miles at MP+1 and followed this on Thursday with a recovery day, 5 miles am and 3 miles pm. Today, Friday I ran another 14 miles but this time at 'tempo'. All is feeling good. I guess I will run tomorrow as part of the training but Sunday will see me out early for a 3:30 training marathon.
Let me have your news, thoughts and or experiences. This blog is as much for you as me!! We really want to hear from you.
Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment